Friday, July 1, 2016

Mark's Demise

By Mark Peril
Publisher: marksdemise.com
Description:14 pages, 8½ x 5½ inches, xeroxed white paper, side staple binding

Mark's Demise is both a perzine and photozine. This issue has photos from several US cities so Mark must travel quite a bit while taking his documentary/street photography style photographs. He's good, with a creative eye and a straight forward style. The photos are reproduced via xerox, but the quality is high enough that I didn't feel slighted.

This zine also features a cartoon and a few pages of a rant by a much abused indy rock musician on a hellish tour schedule. While I like both of these features, I was left wanting for more of Mark's photos. Yes, wanting more can be a good thing and I understand publishing only your best work, but I feel that Mark's Demise would only be improved with the addition of a few extra pages of photography.